Believe it or not, it’s already time to usher out 2014, and welcome in 2015 into our lives! Tens of thousands make their own journey to Boston to celebrate the New Year in style. The theatre district, financial district, back bay, beacon hill, and west end all have many bars and clubs for those searching for a much more “festive” way to ring in the New Year. However, if you’re looking for a more relaxing night, or planning on coming into the city with the family, then this list below is perfect for what to catch in Boston!
First Night Boston 2015 is an annual celebration throughout the city of Boston that features entertainment for all ages. A collection of shows, festivities, musical performances and more, First Night Boston is the oldest New Years Eve celebration of its kind in the United States, and has spawned many similar events throughout the country. This year (like year’s past) features such as events as:
- 2 fireworks shows, 7PM on Boston Common and at the stroke of Midnight in Boston Harbor
- The spectacular grand procession with marching bands, art cars, costumes and more
- All-day puppet festival at the Hynes Convention Center
- Ice sculptures all throughout the city and the public garden
- Live music at locations throughout the city during the night
- Some essentials and a quick guide for the best night:
When: New Year’s Eve, December 31st from 1PM to just past Midnight
Where: Copley Square, Downtown and Long Wharf
Cost: $10 (children under 4 get in for free)
How it Works: For $10 you get a button for your jacket, simply show that at various locations to get exclusive deals and access!
Public Transit: The MBTA provides trains that will run later than normal hours (until 2AM). The T (subway) will be free from 8PM – 2AM
Parking: Taking the T is best. If driving, the best parking garages are located around TD Garden and the Theater District.
For more detailed information visit the official site of First Night Boston 2015!